Fayetteville and the surrounding Ozark hills are picturesque year-round, but with a little bit of distance between your feet and the ground, the view gets even more gorgeous. For those who have bucket lists that mention a hot air balloon ride or skydiving, this action-packed day may just be the way to satisfy those wishes! If you’re not one for getting airborne, the morning and evening views of bright, stunning balloons will create memories of a lifetime.
Taking place at Drake Field Airport in south Fayetteville on Saturday, August 28, a very full lineup of activities is planned for participants of all ages. The fun begins at 7 a.m. and continues throughout the day with:
- Tethered hot air balloon rides (weather permitting)
- Hot air balloons in flight (weather permitting)
- Skydiving (pre-registration required)
- Helicopter rides
- Skydiving show
- Balloon pilot meet & greet with balloon baskets
- Pancake breakfast at the Arkansas Air & Military Museum
- Kid Zone
- Main stage musical entertainment
- Car show
- Beer garden
- Nighttime balloon glow
Proceeds from SOAR NWA will support Open Avenues, a regional organization that has been providing life-enhancing opportunities for individuals with disabilities since 1975.