One of the most popular things to do in Fayetteville for both locals and visitors is watching a movie under the stars at the 112 Drive-in Theater, one of the few remaining drive-in theaters in America.
There are only around 330 drive-ins left throughout the country, a far cry from their heyday in the 1950s, which is why seeing a movie at the 112 Drive-in is a unique experience. Plus, the affordable admission prices and variety of genres shown make it a popular activity for families, couples and groups of friends.
It’s important to note that because of the pandemic, this year the 112 Drive-in is implementing additional rules to help with social distancing (listed below). However, by following the rules we can all still enjoy an evening out and return to the movies!
Each week, two movies are shown Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening. The first starts at sundown, and the second starts immediately afterward. Gates open at 7:15 p.m.
Admission prices are as follows (cash only; no credit cards or checks accepted):
- Ages 13 and older — $10
- Ages 6-12 — $5
- Ages 5 and under — FREE!
Here is a list of 2020 features, which we will continue to update as weekly features are announced:
- May 29-31 — Trolls World Tour (8:45 p.m.), Doolittle (10:30 p.m.)
- June 4-7 — The Goonies, Wonder Woman
- June 11-14 — Grease (8:45 p.m.), Footloose (10:45 p.m.)
- June 18-19 — Jaws (9 p.m.), Jurassic Park (11:45 p.m.)
- June 20-21 — Jurassic Park (9 p.m.), Jaws (11:45 p.m.)
- June 25-28 - Thursday & Sunday: Marvel's The Avengers (9:00p), The Greatest Showman (11:45p)
Friday The Greatest Showman (9:00p), Marvel's The Avengers (11:00p)Saturday- GARTH BROOKS! (advance tickets only - NOT available at the box office)
- July 2-5 - Disney's The Jungle Book (9 p.m.), Star Wars: The Force Awakens ( 11 p.m.)
July 8 (Wed) Special Showing - Two Movies Filmed in Bentonville! Max Winslow and the House of Secrets ( 8:45 p.m.) and F.R.E.D.I. (11:05 p.m.)
- July 9 - 10 (Thur/Fri) - Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back (8:45 p.m.), Black Panther (11:25 p.m.)
- July 11 - 12 (Sat/Sun) - Inside Out (8:45 p.m.), Start Wars The Empire Strikes Back (11:25 p.m.)
- July 15 (Wed) - Live Concert: Casting Crowns
- July 16-17-18-19: Beauty and the Beast (live action), Iron Man (2008)
- July 23-24, 26: Back to the Future (8:45), Karate Kid (11:20)
- July 25 (Saturday): Encore Drive-In Nights Featuring Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, and Trace Adkins (Tickets sold separately)
- July 29 Special Event: Northwest Arkansas premiere of TGR Accomplice, an MTB film Tickets and more info here.
- July 30 & 31: The Wizard of Oz (8:45) & Twister (11:00)
Aug 1 & 2: Twister (8:45) & The Wizard of Oz (11:10)
Aug. 6-7-8-9: Ghostbusters (8:30), Jumanji: The Next Level (10:45)
Aug. 13-16: Dirty Dancing (8:30), American Graffiti (11:10)
Aug. 20-23: Smokey & Bandit, Days of Thunder
Aug. 28: Jurassic World, Men in Black
Sept. 3-4: Ferris Bueller's Day Off (8:00), Grease (10:20)
Sept. 5-6: Grease (8:00), Ferris Bueller's Day Off (10:20)
Sept. 11-13: Beetlejuice (8:00), Gremlins (10:00)
Sept. 18-19: Sixteen Candles (8:00), The Breakfast Club (10:10)
Sept. 20: The Breakfast Club (8:00), Sixteen Candles (10:10)
Sept 17th and 21st: Special Programming: Join the Tyson Foods family for a free drive-in movie night. September 17th Trolls World Tour. September 21st, Despicable Me 3. This is exclusively for the Fayetteville community. To reserve your spot, visit the link to sign up and select the day and time that work best for you. Tickets will be limited to 100 carloads for each night. And Open Spanish Captioning will be on-screen. More information can be found at the 112 drive in website.
Sept 25-26-27: The Lost Boys, A Nightmare on Elm Street
September 26: Encore Drive-In Nights Featuring Kane Brown - Fayetteville, AR
October 6: October 6th Awakening Events: Big Daddy Weave & Zach Williams
November 25-28: The Croods: A New Age (7:00), The War with Grandpa (8:45)
December 1-2: The Croods: A New Age (7:00), Mystery Movie (8:45)
December 11-12: Polar Express (7:00), National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (8:45)
Below are the new rules for 112 Drive-in 2020 season:
- Attendance — In order to allow for social distancing, the number of vehicles allowed in will be limited. Spots will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations.
- Entry — The theater will open 1.5 hours before showtime each day to help with smaller lines and reduce crowding.
- Parking — One vehicle will be allowed between a set of posts in each row. As always, larger vehicles must park in the back rows, and cars only in the front three rows.
- Seating — You may sit outside your vehicles in your designated area in front of your vehicle.
- Children — Must be supervised at all times by an adult and must remain with that supervising adult.
- Playground — Closed until further notice.
- Concessions — The concession stand will be open, serving the great drive-in movie food you love! Please just send one person from your vehicle to pick up your delicious treats. One outside line will be for ordering, and one outside line will be for pickup. Please keep social distance from other patrons.
- Animals — 112 asks that you leave your beloved pets at home during this period.
For additional information, including all other regular rules/policies and a list of concession food available, visit 112driveintheatre.com.