The Joe Martin Stage Race isn't just for bikes anymore! All Wheels Welcome, a new fan experience for spectators on all sorts of wheels, will take place from 12-4pm on Sunday, May 21st. The freshly minted finish line celebration is presented by Downtown Fayetteville Coalition, an initiative of Experience Fayetteville.
All Wheels Welcome will facilitate a series of fun alternatively wheeled activites, right in the middle of the action at the Fayetteville Criterium, the final stage of the Joe Martin Stage Race! The Fayetteville Criterium itself is a thrilling and fun experience for spectators, with close-up cycling action all day on Sunday, as riders zip by at high speeds through the streets of downtown Fayetteville. The addition of the new All Wheels Welcome will make this year's finish line even more electric while providing a space that is free and suitable for all ages and abilities!
You can expect to see:
- A pop-up skatepark with local roller skaters and skateboarders - and the opportunity to join in, if you wish!
- Pickleball (wheelchair accessible!) with members of the Ozark Adaptive Sports Association
- The Wheel Mobile by Community Creative Center, completely with pottery demonstrations and tours
- Trike racing, for adults. On adult sized trikes.
- Remote controlled car racing
- Music and vendors on-site with watch parties at local businesses
Find the festivities of All Wheels Welcome taking place near the finish line of the Fayetteville Criterium in downtown Fayetteville! Head for the parking lot directly behind the Experience Fayetteville Visitors Center on the Square, located directly west of Block Avenue between Center, Church, and Mountain.
You can RSVP and find more details about All Wheels Welcome in the Facebook event. We hope to see you in downtown Fayetteville on May 21st to celebrate the Joe Martin Stage Race - where All Wheels are Welcome!
The Downtown Fayetteville Coalition, an initiative of Experience Fayetteville, is the new organization working to celebrate, promote, and advocate for downtown Fayetteville. Go to downtownfay.org to learn more.